Monday, May 28, 2012

Our week begins


Husband left for work around 9:55 am, I kept telling myself that when he did I would wake up, get ready, go workout, go get more job applications, see Grandpa’s grave all before work tonight. So what do I do? I go right back to sleep until his mother calls me. She just got a facebook and thought that one of the edited, goofy pictures was her baby falling off his motorcycle. um, nope. She is way too funny, needless to say, I’m up. I made myself a delicious solo breakfast, this day is about to begin. 


Yesterday was great. My mom had a little BBQ for Memorial Day/little cousin’s birthday party and it was so incredibly relaxing. For the first time in a while being with all of our family didn’t stress us out. We ate and set out in the sun just talking for hours while all the little kids played in the pool. We started to talk about the vacations we want to take when Husband brought up our honeymoon vacation and I told him, “we always plan on saving but all of your new toys cost just as much as our vacation and we end up spending on those instead.” I’m glad I said something because he told me that we would have the money for whatever I wanted and that this was something I deserved and it was my turn to have that. I was so surprised but mainly relieved. My psychotic planning has begun, later I woke up and saw that he added things to our Bucket List (the one he didn’t seem to interested in before). I think this man shocks me more and more over the years. 
Being married, you don’t think about yourself as much so it’s awesome when your partner puts the extra effort into you instead of themselves and allows you the upper hand. That’s how it should be, thinking of the other person and giving to one another, with no hidden agenda, just because you love that person. There are so many things we hope to accomplish and I believe that we will if we keep doing things the way that we’re doing them. 
-A Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment